Land or Water

Discussions about turtles.
B00NE

Hello everyone I\'ve done some reading and I am impressed with the wealth of knowledge I\'ve read thus far. So here goes.
I promised my son he could get a turtle for his birthday. I\'m trying to decide whether to get a land turtle or a water turtle.
1. Is one easier to keep than the other?
2. I have a small aquarium,has anyone successfully integrated the two? Is that possible.
3. I also have a leopard gecko, can I throw a turtle in there?

Feel free to throw in your two cents even if its not directly related to the questions above, and thanks in advance for the advice.
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Daniel B00NE,

A leopard gecko is the easiest to care for, and the cheapest, so thats a good 1st step.
If you don\'t want a gecko, you could buy an aquatic Asian Bighead Turtle. Its easy to care for. Plus, it is hardy and it has a BIG HEAD!!! All you need is a cheap large rubbermaid container, lighting, and a basking spot. How cheap is that? That\'s about as easy as you can go.
If youre scared of too much bacteria in the water or germs, stick with the land ones, which their housing, unlike a watery \"mess\", is held down by gravity.
B00NE

Captain_Turtle wrote:
Hello Daniel B00NE,

A leopard gecko is the easiest to care for, and the cheapest, so thats a good 1st step.
If you don\'t want a gecko, you could buy an aquatic Asian Bighead Turtle. Its easy to care for. Plus, it is hardy and it has a BIG HEAD!!! All you need is a cheap large rubbermaid container, lighting, and a basking spot. How cheap is that? That\'s about as easy as you can go.
If youre scared of too much bacteria in the water or germs, stick with the land ones, which their housing, unlike a watery \"mess\", is held down by gravity.

Ok I already HAVE the lizard...can the two, the Turtle and the lizard live together??
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

welcome to the board:)

well, if u want u can but keep in mind that a turtle might eat anything smaller than it\'s size (they grow quickly)..

if u want the easier then i think it\'s the land turtle cz it doesn\'t need all the cleaning and stuff an aquatic turtle does..but if u\'re looking for fun then water turtles are nice to watch..

if u want more comments and feedbacks then check the other topic on this board, it\'s about the same issue and many ppl replied there

so good luck with ur choice and tell us what u\'ve settled on:)
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

B00NE wrote:
Ok I already HAVE the lizard...can the two, the Turtle and the lizard live together??
I know you have the lizard. I was just complementing you, if you could tell.
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3

Captain_Turtle wrote:
B00NE wrote:
I know you have the lizard. I was just complementing you, if you could tell.
Not really check what you wrote is doesnt look like it
  • Information