I don\'t know what else to do

Discussions about turtles.
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

I feed my turtles everyday, but they always seem to be hungry everytime they see me they come out. I don\'t know what they want, I feed them more and they still come out. What can I do? Thanks for your time.
Luis.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Don\'t give in, you can feed them twice a day (max), if you go more than that you will eventually end up with fat turtles.Image
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

OH MY GOODNESS! that\'s horrible and funny at the same time. i hope people don\'t think i\'m evil for thinking he looks quite silly.

it is sad though because it\'s unhealthy. just like it\'s unhealthy for humans to be overweight.

my guy begs ALL THE TIME even after he\'s just been fed. so, guess what? he\'s tough outta luck!

i give him just the amount of food that he needs to eat and then put him back in the tank and he\'s all set until the next day.

DON\'T GIVE IN! ;)
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3

thye\'re all like that... they\'re training you, they\'ll eat even whe they\'re not hunger... Create a schedule and STICK to it don\'t give in
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

either way it is, u actually have to be happy cz ur turtles recognize u and come to u instead of running away:D
Last edited by dixieee on Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I am really not sure that that is a fat problem with the turtle in the picture, but it is what the turtles that get overfed will look like, the picture had a caption saying to go to the forum for an explanation of the turtle\'s condition, I guess the guy was a vet of sorts, anyway, I tried to go there but it was on a Mac site and required a subscription to get in, so I couldn\'t find out what the turtle\'s situation was,:(, Oh well, I hope I find that explanation about that turtle someday.
  • Information