Growth

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
kkimmy37
Level 1
Level 1

I bought 2 RES\'s last September. They were the same size when I bought them...Now one is about twice the size of the other. The smaller one is just a little bigger than when I bought them. They both are eating, the smaller one likes to hide alot under the filter. I don\'t think he gets as much food as the bigger one, but he does get plenty (as I am sure I probably over feed them...due to the fact that one bit the other ones foot one time in a feeding frenzy when I was feeding them less). He SEEMS healthy anyway...just smaller. They both bask, swim, eat and seem to play (swimming through little doorways in the rock decoration thing that I have in there tank. The bigger one seems to have had this growth spurt in the last 2 months. Before then they were about the same size. Does anyone know if this is normal? Thanks.
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

are you sure of their sexes yet? this might be the \"issue.\" your turtles are perfectly healthy.

and biting the other turtle on the foot is also perfectly normal. i would recommend feeding them in seperate containers.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yep it might be bcz of the sexes..the bigger one is the female and the little guy is the male:)

fighting for food, tell me about it..my female was about to take off my guy\'s hand last time,,she had a good punishment then
  • Information