Walking the Turtle?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
vladunix

should I put my Red Earedslider outside in a pen?

If so, any one have suggestions for building a pen?
jbird507
Level 3
Level 3

uh i dont think you should do that. i have a red eared slider also and what i did was got a tank and put a big rock in there so he could climb out of the water when he wanted and needed. and the rest of the tank was just filled with water. {their usually in the water most of the time but sometimes not}e-mail me if you have any more questions\\ at [email protected]
l8or g8or

I have a kids wading pool outside with about 3 inches of water in it. I threw about 4 plastic plants in there and they float on top (like seaweed!) and a little bridge in the middle. I put a fence around the entire thing to keep my 3 Dachshunds out - Joe loves going outside during the day. I would NEVER leave her outside when I am gone though, or leave her out all night long. Too many bad things could happen. I think as long as it is secure and your turtle can\'t get out, that it is ok to let them outside. That\'s why a kiddie pool is great, because you put only a bit of water in it, the basking area right in the center, and they can\'t make it over the edge....
Debi S.
Level 2
Level 2

I think the wading pool idea is great !
I am in the process of designing a set up outside for my RES. It will probably be next summer when it is done but I am having fun designing it now. Do you think an outside set up -- even wading pool -- should have some type of netting over the top to keep out other predators ?
l8or g8or

I have mine set up right on my back porch near the door with a 2 foot fence around it. I don\'t think anything would come that close to my house during the day. I would definately have something over top of it if it were out in the yard....
  • Information