What is it??

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
LMcMahon

We have a red eared slider turtle. We have had him for like 2 years. lasy night we see something coming out of him. I don\'t know how to explain this, but it was black, looked gooey, and was huge, like 2X as big as his head. Anybody know what this was? As soon as he saw us he sucked it back in him.
we looked this morning and it wasn\'t in the tank, but we did find something that looked like an egg, but it was very tiny. Not even as wide as my thumb. Do turtles need a mate to breed? and if anyone has any idea about what this could have been please let me know.
Thank You
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

if it was black,u just have the confirmation that u own a male..if u have female with him i would be carefull cause depending on his size ur little guy might be close to be mature sexually..
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I am glad yaya answered it instead of me, she has more tact than I did last time I answered that question on another board:D:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i answered in a miserable way last time but now i know that if he was able to get it back by himself then it must be ok and he\'s just sexually mature..oh yeah obviuosly u got a guy in there:)

and since males don\'t lay eggs, then if u have another turtle she might be the one..although i don\'t really think it is an egg

anyways good luck and keep us posted:)
  • Information