Tinny Tims new home!!

Post any questions you have about an aquatic turtle tank setup here. Or if you have a picture of your aquatic turtle tank setup picture, we would love to see it.
coboot
Level 1
Level 1

Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:50 pm

I decided to just get the ***** tank! I was scoping this breeder tank for two weeks but I didnt want to pay $90.00 for it. Petco is moving and said they were having a sale. I was going to get one from them at a dollar a gallon, but the clerk said they move all the expensive tanks and sell the 20 gallon and under.

I waited a week, then said screw it. She is worth it. Of course the pet store was out of the tank. I called Petland Discounts and they said they had it for $60.00. When I got there the tank was cracked. So I went to the other Petland. They were waiting and so was the tank.

I bought a good filter, removed the fake plants, they are a pain to clean. Bought a dock and lid.

She is so happy. She is swimming around playing. The water gives a mirror reflection so she stares at herself. She dives off the dock into the water.

Just wanted to show her new digs.

Colleen

STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:44 am

It looks pretty good, although, I think it should have at least one fake plant, my turtles like to cling to them when they stick their heads out of the water.:D:D

How many gallons does a breeder tank hold???, just curious:D
deesygirl

Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:46 am

Nice setup and I am sure she really likes her new home. :)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:40 am

nice new home,she seems to be happy swimming around:)
i can\'t wait to get my turtles\' new setup, i already have so many ideas for it..i just wish they\'ll fit in there too:p
coboot
Level 1
Level 1

Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:38 am

This is a 30 gallon breeder tank-low. I saw it at pet expirience, but they charge sooo much. when i was ready to commit they didnt have it. Which was a blessing since I saved about 30.00 on the tank and probably that much on the filter and supplies too. I will now avoid that store and stick with the chain stores!!

I want to get a deep sea backround that will make the tank complete!!

Colleen
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:38 pm

I copied a background someone had posted of some fish in an aquarium, I trimmed it so it wouldn\'t show the pump and most of the hoses and printed about 7 copies and taped them to the sides of my tank:D:D, it looks pretty good:D
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:40 pm

nice!!! that\'s one happy turtle:D
about the fake plants;my way to clean it without work:)
i just soake them in a solution of bleach and water(1/5 i think is the ratio but i go with my eye)for about 12h to 24h,rinse them well with water and then make it soak for another 12h to 24h in a solution of salt and water(fallow the label)...the time of soaking can be shorter u can see when it\'s all clean...just make sure u rinse it really well if u don\'t do the second soak cause bleach is not a good mix with turtle:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:50 am

hmmm bleach + turle=??? ...uh-oh
  • Information