Poor Turtle... PLEASE HELP

Discussions about turtles.
KenJi

Hi all i need help, i have a red silder ear turtle... i just found her a week ago... i found her on the road side, and the side of the shell totally came off... and it seems that a car had go throught her. i bring her visit the vet... but still no use of that... the bleeding is waterly type... but the bleeding still won\'t stop... hmmm... and i try to feed her some food, but she won\'t eat... but sometimes drink... hmmm... so what can i do to let my dear turtle start to eat??? what is the best food for a turtle??? apple will be nice or what will it do?? i\'m so sad... PLEASE HELP...
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

welcome to the board rescuer..

sorry for the little turtle..u may want to try tuna fish it is smelly and works for most cases of new turtles who refuse to eat..check this for treatment http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/m ... ed%20Shell:

what did the vet say?
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

if she\'s still alive after a week and half of her shell is off .. i think there is hope.

i would try a different vet.

and i wouldn\'t force a turtle with half of its shell off to eat. some turtles won\'t even eat if they aren\'t comfortable in their environment, much less if their shell is off.

the vet should have given her a shot for a supplement of vitamins that she\'s not getting from eating.

please take her to another vet asap!
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

You should take her to a different vet if the one you took your turtle had no effect, there is a link on my signature that will take you to a site with herp vets by state and a few countries, it\'s the one with the turtle pile that says \"herpvetconnection\" on it, I hope your turtle gets better.
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information