I am such a Disgrace

Do you have questions about the basics of turtle care?
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

Oh man, I am such a disgrace.

I ignored my turtle for two weeks straight.

The more the tank got dirtier, the more I felt lazy.

Eventually, I became so guilty that I didn\'t give it enough care that I stayed away from it to keep myself from cringing.

I am such a disgrace.

I have caused it to become uncomfortable in its watery world of pollution.

I refrained from feeding it for two weeks...
OUT OF LAZINESS AND GUILT.

Please, yell at me now.

Perhaps, this is why many owners threw their turtles away into the nearby rivers. But I won\'t do that. Allow me to quote the Declaration of Independence:

When in the Course of turtle care, it becomes uneccesary for one turtle owner to dissolve the kind bands which have connected him with a turtle, and to assume among the severity of the lack of care, the separate and opposite station in which the Laws of Turtleship and Turtleship\'s God entitle them, a poor respect to the Turtle which has caused the owner to impel the separation.
*Note: This is my own version.

Now allow me to quote the 1st paragraph of the Preamble:
We the people of the United Societies of Turtle Ownership, in order to form a more perfect habitat, establish a basking spot, insure cleanliness, provide for their common needs, un-promote the general algae, and secure the ___\"line\"_____ of liberty to our turtles and their posterity, do ordain and establish this Document for the United Societies of Turtle Ownership.

As you can see...

I HAVE FAILED!!!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

how could u ignore it!! for whole 2 weeks? sometimes i\'m late for my classes for the sake of feeding my turtles although somebody else could do it after 2 hours..but i still insist on sticking to their feeding schedule..

the good thing is that u knew ur mistake so don\'t do it again..take good care of the turtles..will u ignore ur babies in the future? will u forget changing their diapers?? the poor thing must have suffered so ur job is bigger now in deleting what u did..
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I don\'t want to yell, but I will say this, my biggest problem with you laziness, as you call it, is that the turtle had to drink the water that it pees and poops in for those two weeks, imagine being in thier situation, having to drink out of a toilet that you have just peed and pooped in, not a pleasant thought, but that is what they basically did, without a choice, I should add.
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

I know, I am sorry. I have loads of time today, so I will do it.

Thank you for your moral support, whatever that means.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

No prob. let us know when you need another ear pulling:D:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

hehe yeah anytime
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

There! I have just completed a Level 1 physical bioscan of it, and it appears to be 97% fine!

Skin- still elastic and bright
Shell- although a bit pale, still hard and firm, but has a few extremely superficial cuts
Eyes- still bright, but has 3% listlessness
Claws- great condition
Respiratory systems- still functioning, no watery nose.
Appetite- still good
Manuverability- still good
Enthusiasm to bask- still good
Recgonizing of owner- yes
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

All systems go.:D:D:D
  • Information