bump

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
isabelle

my turtle has a bump on his lip and its called a abces and a person told me that i have to take it off but the size of his head is like very small so is it ok if i leave it there.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I have only seen ear abcesses, I have not heard of an abcess on a turtle\'s lip, can you post a picture, if you don\'t know how, you can just post the url so we can look at it.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

me too i know abscesses happens to ears..if u can post pix that\'ll help a lot..

is it something like this?

check this link it might help u http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/medeyes.htm

if it\'s something very different then this is not abscesses, this is something else..i don\'t wanna freak u out but i had a sick turtle who had pneumonia and developed some skin problems including a bump or whatever it is under his lips..does it have a dark color and a bit shiny?? if yes then i suggest taking the little guy to the vet

i really hope it is only simple abscesses..good luck and keep us posted
piercme86

i would take your turtle to your vet asap. i am a vet asst. and have recently seen the removal of an absess on a turtles face....it went fine and the turtle is doing great.
  • Information