fight

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
isabelle

i have a big turtle his name is buddy and a small one that is named mini me and i tried to put them together and buddy tried to eat him. could buddy kill him
dkm1
Level 1
Level 1

he could hurt him , he thinks his food .you should put him in another tank.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah u never know when he does an agression movement..i had turtle the same size and the female kept hurting the male..unfortunately yes u will have to seperate them..the bigger the size the more difficult it is to let them get along (although that\'s not a rule, exceptions exist)

anyways welcome to the board the three of u,,i can imagine that the names suit ur turtles:)
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

my turtles did that at first. i let them be for a few days and they are perfectly fine now. i think it all depends on the turtles.

my guy was just being territorial at first and he just gave up after a while. if it\'s necessary they be together (like you bought a baby and don\'t have another tank to put him in) i\'d try to see how they do for a few days. being territorial is only natural.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah but look at rachel\'s turtles,,there\'s no big difference in their size..if the difference in ur turtles\'s sizes is much bigger than that then it is not recommended to keep them together..oh especially if the big one is a female
  • Information