Help im a newbie my tutrle is hideing behide a rock

Discussions about turtles.
NewOwner

can somebody plz e mail me and tell me that i should not be worried that my turtle is ok and that its ok to hide behide a rock is it a goodthing or a badthing??????? tell me plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3

as long as he\'s cant get stuck behind it its find... If you jus purchased or receieved the turtle its normal once he becomes adjusted he\'ll start to explore.

What would you did if someone took you from ur house and dropped you in someone elses home and said you stay here from now on... ? You gotta look at these things from all sides :) LOLOL
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

welcome to the board:)

don\'t worry u answered urself ur turtle is fine it\'s just that turtles are very shy at the beginning..hiding behind the rocks is better than sticking its head under them:) (that\'s what my turtle did when i first got him)..all u can do is let ur turtle feel safe..play with it and try feeding it from ur hand..handle it and let it walk beside u (well not like a dog for sure but u know,,)

btw is it eating? cz usually new turtles don\'t eat either..what\'s ur turtle\'s size and name?

welcome again:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

One other thing is to wash your hands very good after you are done feeding or playing with them, there is a chance of salmonella poisoning but it is about as much as handling raw chicken, and who wants to put their hands in their mouth after touching raw chicken? Image
  • Information