Driving with 3 turtles for 20 hrs

Discussions about turtles.
Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

In a month I might have to drive from NYC to Milwaukee, I\'m possibly moving for a new job and would like to know what is the best way to take the three turtles on a long drive(20hrs) like that.

Any thoughts on what I should do?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I hope that helps you out, if not I have a couple of other sites to check out:D
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

i\'ve traveled a lot with my turtle. i bought him one of those plastic tanks with a flip top lid at walmart. since they are semi-aquatic .. i put some water in there, but also an area where he climb out of the water and be in a stable area (since the water moves with the car).

he\'s been perfectly fine with it. and i\'ve traveled for many hours at a time with him.

i don\'t know how big your guy is, but i just put him on the passenger seat next to me so that i can keep an eye on him in case he flips over or something.

i hope i\'m answering everything you\'re wondering. if not, let me know and i\'ll try to answer whatever other questions you might have.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

stray seems u 4got to post the site or something:)

bbasso u can put moist towels in a box and put ur turtles in there they\'ll be fine for that time..if u can have some stops then maybe u can put them in water for a while so they can eat, drink, and do whatever they enjoy doing in water..but hopefully they\'ll be fine don\'t worry:)

keep us posted and have a nice trip with ur guys:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry about that, I went back and fixed it, Thanks alot dixieee:D:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Last edited by dixieee on Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Well, the cooler part is one that I have seen at another place, for long trips it is a good thing because it will keep your turtle at a constant temperature, I saw something about airconditioning and your turtle, but I didn\'t read it, I will have to find it again.
  • Information