Lookin for some info

Discussions about turtles.
smokinall4s
Level 1
Level 1

First off I would like to say that this site rules, I have learned so much from it already and the members are a great help.

I have a couple of questions to ask.

1) I have heard that RES like to nibble on some underwater plants. Does anyone know what kind of plants these are?

2) I have tried this new food from a company called Sera and it\'s from Germany. I\'m not sure if anyone has heard of it but it is great. My turtles have always been picky when it comes to turtle pellet food (I\'ve tried just about every kind that I could find). I went to China Town where I bought my turtles and they said this food was the best that they have tried. They gave me some pellet food (raffy p ) and some gammers (raffy I) and some (activ plusR). They said to mix some drops of activ plusR with the raffyP and then give it to them. The Activ plusR improves their appetite and vitality and ever since I have been giving it to them they now eat all of their food and they play more(active). This company has a website www.sera.de Now it comes up in german but you can click on the english button for english. They also mention about setups and care for turtles, very informative.

3) I was wondering if there is anyone from this forum from Ontario, Canada?

Thank you for your time and any answers to my questions, L8R.
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

Click here. http://www.tortoise.org/general/pondplan.html

But before you do, remember to watch Enterprise @ UPN on Fridays @ 8:00, if you have the channel :D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

welcome to the board:)
great,glad u liked it

1- turtles love to explore everything maybe that\'s why they are nibbling on the plants

2- i haven\'t heard of it but when the pellets my turtles used to eat finished, i got another brand cz they didn\'t have the previous one and one of my turtles refused to eat it..i had to get her the dried shrimps and mix both together until she ate the new pellets again..
anyways i couldn\'t find the english button cz seems the page is not displayed well on my browser but from my poor limited German i got some points from there,,thanx:)

3- personally am not i live in the other part of Earth

u are most welcome anytime:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Hey Captain_Turtle, there\'s a new Star Trek series that is gonna start up soon, I just heard it on T.V. guide Channel:D
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

STRAYKINGFISHER wrote:
Hey Captain_Turtle, there\'s a new Star Trek series that is gonna start up soon, I just heard it on T.V. guide Channel:D
Whu???? If thats some sort of joke I\'m not getting the punch line.
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

bump

Straykingfisher, where are you?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

wb stray:)
oh guys stuff Image
lol
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

smokinall4s wrote:
I have a couple of questions to ask.
1) I have heard that RES like to nibble on some underwater plants. Does anyone know what kind of plants these are?
3) I was wondering if there is anyone from this forum from Ontario, Canada?
Thank you for your time and any answers to my questions, L8R.
about plants;they like to eat:anacharis(also call elodia)duck weed, water hiacynth, water lily, water lettuce...but u have to be carefull cause their a bunch of plants who\'s poisonous!! check this link about the poisonous plants www.resoasis.com/poison.htm
and i didn\'t see much peoples from canada(except myself) but it doesn\'t mean anything... and i completly forgot(where\'s my manner!!)welcome to the board!Enjoy and never be shy to ask,they always someone to answer as soon as possible!!!:D
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

I watch it EVERY FRIDAY, and ALL OF YOU reading this should do the SAME.
Last edited by Captain_Turtle on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry, I saw it on tv and thought it was a new one, I guess I should\'ve read the article alot closer, I haven\'t watched any Star Trek episode for a long time, my nephews usually have it on cartoons:(, Oh well, again, I appologize.
smokinall4s
Level 1
Level 1

Yaya the info site that you gave on this post doesn\'t exsist. But thank you for the info on the plants. Have you tried any of these plants?
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

smokinall4s wrote:
Yaya the info site that you gave on this post doesn\'t exsist. But thank you for the info on the plants. Have you tried any of these plants?
my turtles even nibble on fake plants. i think as long as they feel like it they are going to nibble on whatever they want to .. including each other.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

rachelmarie wrote:
including each other.
oh yeah tell me about it
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

smokinall4s, here are a couple of links with plants to avoid, I checked before posting to make sure they were still availiable:
http://www.anapsid.org/mainplants.html
http://www.turtlestuff.com/avoidthese.html
Copyright by Valerie Haecky. This document may be freely
distributed for non-profit use, provided this notice is
included.

* Good food: earthworms, nightcrawlers (make sure they are not raised on
manure), redworms, mealworms (treat only, fatty),
whole feeder goldfish (occasionally), snails, butter lettuce (wash well) or
melon and other fruit (find out what your turtle likes),
tofu, banana, strawberries, peas, kibbles,
Reptomin, Tender Vittels. Blueberries, dandelion
flowers and leaves, vegetable scraps from your kitchen, tomato, cooked
sweet potatoes, mulberry leaves ...
I hope that helps you out:D
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

if u still have problem with my link go to www.resoasis.com and click on diet(top of the page)in that page u will find a table about \"what to feed\" and the link for the poisonous plants is there
Last edited by yaya on Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information