Res has passed away....

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Kristy
Level 1
Level 1

It is a sad night tonight. I came home and found the little turtle. I had a feeling this was gonna happen but I had hoped it wouldn\'t. This really is a bummer. I tried so hard to get the little one to eat and get active but I guess that wasn\'t in the plan. So now I want to try again but I don\'t know where the best place is to get a healthy turtle. My friend who gave me this one got it in downtown los angeles. Hmmm...I dunno I just feel sad.... : (
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh i\'m very sorry for ur loss Kristy..i lost a turtle too and i know how bad it is:(

it\'s not ur fault if he didn\'t eat cz it is normal that new turtles don\'t eat for the first couple of weeks..seems the little guy was sick from the beginning..did u notice anything like swollen eyes, gasping, listing?
sorry i don\'t live in the US so i don\'t know the petshops in there but i\'m sure someone here knows something..
welcome to the board and keep us posted
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I am sorry you lost your turtle, the best thing to do when choosing a turtle is to see it for yourself, and if you have read the posts in this message board you should already know what to look out for, puffy eyes, listing (swimming with one side down), or any deformaties(no leg, tail missing, hole in shell etc..), I know it is hard to know, since it was given to you, if the turtle is healthy or not, so next time go yourself to get one and get the one that\'s the most active.
  • Information