My turtle problem

Discussions about turtles.
Roofus

Hi everyone, this is a nice site! Unofortunaltey I\'m here because my turtles have become a bit of a problem. About 10 years ago, my wife adopted a couple sliders (red eared, or yellow, we can\'t tell for sure). They were the size of quarters then. Well, these suckers are now over six inches long and it\'s gotten to the point where we don\'t think we can accomodate them inside our house any longer. We\'ve decided we have two options: find someone who wants to adopt them or build them an outdoor habitat. Now, we live in Georgia where the winters are fairly mild and the summers are really hot, just to take into consideration if we go the outdoor habitat route. I guess my question is, can anyone offer any advice on how to go about finding a good place for them. We\'d prefer to find someone who wants to adopt them as opposed to building them an outdoor home, mainly because we have a few cats that live outside that we\'d worry about harrasing the turtles. Whatever we do, we want to make sure that the turtles are happy, safe and prosperous. Thanks!
Last edited by Roofus on Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

This site might help you out, it contains a list of turtle rescue organizations that might be able to take in your turtles:

http://turtlehomes.org/usa/orgs.shtml
  • Information