there\'s something on the water

Discussions about turtles.
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

I cleaned my turtles\' water about a week ago and today I found some greasy stuff on top of the water. What is that stuff is it ok for turtles? How can I remove it? I also wanted to know if it\'s ok to add more turtles to the tank. Thanks for your time.
Luis
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

About the greasy stuff, try using a dry paper towel to remove it, just lay the paper towel as flat as possible then just pick it up as flat as you can, try one of the stronger ones, like Brawny or Bounty (the quicker picker upper:D)

About the turtles, why do you want more?
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

They seem to be lonely.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Maybe what you see in them is boredom and not loneliness.:D
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i was thinking about my turtles too..i feel they get bored a lot although we do our best playing with them..it\'s like we take shifts in entertaining them!
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Hey dixieee, I finally saw it, I saw one of my turtles doing the mating dance:D:D:D, one of them was fanning the other, but it looked like the female was fanning the male???, do I have it backwards, is he a she and she a he?
godlinked86
Level 3
Level 3

i think u might have got the gender of ur turtles wrong bro....males should be the one obliging the females...like we guys make the first move with girls(just an example nothing to detaild ok)so yeah maybe u did get it all wrong...wait and see i suppose
YellowBelli
Level 1
Level 1

I could easily remove it using cleaning agents, but I don\'t want to even risk using them. I even got the scourer on the \'waterline\' it leaves behind, but you can still see it ever so slightly. I\'d hate to think what sort of nasty things caused this...
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

if you don\'t have a filter in your tank .. slime is definitely going to be produced ontop of the water.

easy fix? get a filter. the water needs to move and be filtered to keep it clean.
YellowBelli
Level 1
Level 1

I know, I did have a filter but didn\'t clean it out after it stopped working because of all the turtle skin that clogged it up.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

STRAYKINGFISHER wrote:
Hey dixieee, I finally saw it, I saw one of my turtles doing the mating dance:D:D:D, one of them was fanning the other, but it looked like the female was fanning the male???, do I have it backwards, is he a she and she a he?
WOW stray that\'s so cool..sorry i just saw ur reply..keep the cam. ready:D
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I currently don\'t have a cam to put by it, but I don\'t think they would let me get that close to them to install it, besides, they are probably smart enough to figure out what I am doing :D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

what happened to ur new hp???
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

It\'s not new:D, I bought it at a garage sale, and it didn\'t come with a connection to my computer, I will have to find one (probably at radioshack) but I will figure out a way:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

aha i see..ok good luck hunting for it:)
  • Information