Good morning 2/8

You can chat about non-pet topics here! Be courteous to others and keep it clean!
deesygirl

Well things have been crazy here. WE FOUND OUR PUPPY. Very strange story but to sum it up she survived on her own for 10 days. She hid under a rotting old barn. Lucky for us a lady was driving down the road and saw her in the field. She is in very bad shape but she will be fine.

In my travels looking for her I spent many hours putting up posters. At one of the pet stores, they had a display of turtles. Hmm, bad thing for me. Sign read \"Box and Hinged turtles. $49.00\" There was only one \"turtle\" hiding in the enclosure. I lifted the hollow log and saw..... a tortoise. Yikes not again. This is the same store I had problems with before when they were selling the African spurred. They sell these adorable tortoises, sell this little 30 gal aquarium and send people home. When the tortoise gets to big the humane society has to send them to the California turtle and tortoise rescue or a shelter in Texas. They are to hard to keep here as they have such a sensitive system and our winters are very harsh. I\'ll have to keep a close eye on the poor thing. It\'s shell is pyramiding terribly and the staff could not tell me if it was captive or wild caught. They also did not know if it had been seen by a vet. I tried to explain about MBD and they looked at me like I had 6 heads. So I did not even try to explain about parasites in wc\'s. I really hate some pet stores. I always wonder about all the critters that I know nothing about. Like the snakes and birds and such. I don\'t imagine they are being cared for any better.
I guess I better get off my soap box now. Sorry for ranting.
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

glad ur find ur puppy...hope she get well soon..
peoples sometime can be really hard to educate,and it\'s worse with petshop!!(it\'s just general,i\'m sure there some good petshop somewhere?!?)at least u try..and if everyone try to educate others,one day peoples will stop,think and start to care...
if we can just bother them enought so they start to listen...:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yay the cute puppy is back:)
sorry for the turtle,,not turtles:(
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

ImageI am happy to see that your puppy is back and safe at homeImage

As for the store, it is very rare to talk to a pet store employee that actually knows what he is selling, most of them will know something about the products for the pets but usually nothing or next to nothing about the pets they sell, if there is anyone you should talk to it would be the owner of the store, he should (if he\'ll admit to anything)tell you if the pets have been seen by a vet or not, I doubt they have been seen by anyone other than the customers.
  • Information