Not basking

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
lulu
Level 1
Level 1

My turtle, Murphy, (baby RES) isn\'t basking anymore. He\'s fine in every other way...active swimmer...very healthy appetite. I keep the water between 78-80...And the basking area between 80-85. I don\'t think he basks when I\'m not here...I never see him scurrying off the rock. He\'s in a large 30 gal tank...made for turtles...with a strong filter and submersible heater. He\'s not shy or anything like that. he used to bask all the time, this has been fairly recent. Any ideas?
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

lulu wrote:
My turtle, Murphy, (baby RES) isn\'t basking anymore. He\'s fine in every other way...active swimmer...very healthy appetite. I keep the water between 78-80...And the basking area between 80-85. I don\'t think he basks when I\'m not here...I never see him scurrying off the rock. He\'s in a large 30 gal tank...made for turtles...with a strong filter and submersible heater. He\'s not shy or anything like that. he used to bask all the time, this has been fairly recent. Any ideas?
give him time. he might just be having a change in preference of what to do with his days!

but on a serious note, he\'s fine. just give him a few days. good luck!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yep i think he\'s fine too..well u got a moody turtle:)
  • Information