If anybody needs help come to me!

Discussions about turtles.
jbird507
Level 3
Level 3

If anyone has any probs or questions about turtles come to me i can help you!
rubialita

I have a yellowfoot tortoise and she is about 4\"...She escaped from her pen and I cannot find her. Is it true that when reptiles escape, they usually don\'t travel more than 15 feet? I heard something like that. My lola has been missing for 2 days now and I\'m afriad I wont be able to find her. Any tips?
l8or g8or

My turtle escaped out of a bucket while my daughter was cleaning her tank. This was inside the house, and she came out I assume because she was hungry. If your tortise can find food, I\'m fearful she won\'t come back...I don\'t have a clue as to how you can find her, please let us know and I will keep her in my prayers.
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

well,the bathroom and rugs seem to atract turtles,i have had MANY escapes and that is normaly were i find them.weird ones they are.
jbird507
Level 3
Level 3

spraggsbraydon2 wrote:
well,the bathroom and rugs seem to atract turtles,i have had MANY escapes and that is normaly were i find them.weird ones they are.
Keep look and good luck try looking under beds and stuff contact me if any news comes up!i will pray and keep my hopes high for you!
Alan
Administrator
Administrator

When our turtles were living in their old smaller tank, Spaz escaped during the night. When we awoke the next morning he was nowhere to be found.

After some frantic searching we found him in the corner of a dark closet, with a bunch of lint on his nose. He had crawled under the closed door.
mr.turtleman
Level 1
Level 1

well, I lost my leopard gecko for a little while, 2 months really. I found it when my mom was vacuuming; it seemed to have been attracted to the sound, or it was scared of it.
jbird507
Level 3
Level 3

whats that word?
AllTurtles
Administrator
Administrator

There was a problem with the forum editing the post.

All fixed now!
rubialita

Hey Goodnews! After 4 nights and 5 days, I found lolita. I saw her just walking along the sidewalk covered in spiderwebs, so she was probably in my garage the whole time. She is one hardy tortoise....I have another question though... I got Lola as a present, and the person who gave her to me brought her all the way back from peru (She would have been turtle soup) And I assume that is illegal or bad but theres nothing I can do about that now, but I was wondering if there was a legal way to bring a tortoise here? Sounds silly I Know but does anybody know?
jbird507
Level 3
Level 3

i am real happy that u found her!
michelle

jbird507 wrote:
michelle

jbird507 wrote:

How or where can I find a baby red ear slider?
Ibanezkid
Level 3
Level 3

jbird507 wrote:
A year and a half ago I bought three red ear slider hatchlings in Myrtle Beach South Carolina at a pet shop. I had them for about 9 months then one all of a sudden died. At that time I had them in a 10 gal aquarium. Right after that one died I bought a 55 gal tank, UV light, filter, and filled the tank up with water a little above their shells. After they started to get the hang of the tank I filled it half way up. I also found three wild western sliders and two cooters. Before I put them all together I kept a very close eye one all of the wild ones. Nothing seemed to wrong with them so I put all of the turtles in the 55 gal tank. At the time all of the turtles were about the same size, but now all of the wild turtles are about three to four times the res size. Did I endanger the res when I put the wild turtles in together? Nothing seems to be wrong with the two res except for their size. It looks like they haven\'t grown at all. Please help me because no one else knows what\'s going on.
Thanks a lot!
Mike
  • Information