strange behavior

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
guiltyeva
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 slider turtles I am 99% sure are both females. They both have small tails and shortish nails. One keeps doing the front claws back and forth to the other (the mating ritual), and has been doing a similar thing with it\'s back feet and doing \"funny\" things with it\'s tail. I am concerned that there may be something wrong with this turtle. Any ideas of what it is doing?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

how old are ur turtles? what are their sizes? maybe that one is a male but still too young to figure it out
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Yeah, it\'s pretty hard to tell in little turtles, I was sure I had a male and female, now I\'m not so sure, I thought one had a short tail and the other a long one, then I looked closer and the one that has a short tail seems to have had it bitten off (prior to my buying it), so now I am not sure, oh well, I guess I\'ll wait till they are older:D
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

i don\'t know about the tail thing but i have a female and she did the \"front claw thing\" to a statue in the tank...someone said that turtle do it sometime for other reason then mating dance...
guiltyeva
Level 1
Level 1

The turtle are approximately 3 years old and full grown. I should have put that in... sorry. Thank you for such a timely response!
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

May also be a territory issue:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

anytime:)
like yaya said also females can do them..what\'s ur turtle\'s size? cz i don\'t think that a 3-year old is full grown
guiltyeva
Level 1
Level 1

Their sizes are 7-8\" shells from head to tail. 6\" from side to side. How do you add pictures... I can put a picture on, but I tried to cut and paste and it didn\'t work:(
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh ok then it must be easy to tell..
yeah sorry pix aren\'t posted but just cut and paste..u should have them on an online album first..try www.photobucket.com it\'s the best one we found up till now..
when u upload the pix there, just click on the thumbnails to see the actual size..right click on the pic and go to properties then copy the URL address and paste it here between:
[ i m g ] the url is here [ / i m g ]
WITHOUT spaces

if u find it difficult then simply mail me the pix to [email protected] and i\'ll do it for u:)
guiltyeva
Level 1
Level 1

THANK YOU! That is the turtle that is doing the strange behavior. Henrie doesn\'t look too big in the picture, but her shell is 7\"
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

--------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Hey, deesygirl, what\'s the deal with my post bleeding into my signature? Check my previous post, right besides my turtles.
  • Information