I\'m not sure I don\'t think it is.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

it is annoying..i think that\'s it
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

What if you harvested algae and had so much of it you could make algae soup? Then you could stick your turtle in there and make him drink it. :D
booboo
Level 3
Level 3

would the turtle drink it
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

I don\'t know. But if you dehydrate it first...

Dude, I HATE these new colors. My name doesn\'t even show up. How do you change the color of your name into green or something?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Dude, I HATE these new colors. My name doesn\'t even show up. How do you change the color of your name into green or something?
You noticed that too, huh?, I have been having to highlight the name to know who is posting:D
booboo
Level 3
Level 3

lol maybe we should put our names on the signature to
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah right why did it change anyways? it was much better b4
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I found these pills at Petco for controlling algae, I just started using them so I can\'t really tell how well they work, but incase you guys/gals want to look into them, here\'s the picture:

Let me know what you think:D:D
Stoshie
Level 3
Level 3

I have read that it is not good to use algacide sp? in turtle tanks. I thought about getting it, but then when I read that it is not good for turtles, I decided to find another way to prevent algae growth.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Well, I just read that ultraviolet rays affect its effectiveness, and even though it is not harmful to the turtles, I will stop using it, what\'s the use of having it in the water if the UV light will mess with its usefullness.:D
YellowBelli
Level 1
Level 1

Well I know how annoying algae can be to look at, but it gives you a good indication as to what is right and wrong with your tank.

I shouldn\'t think algae will hurt your turtles, afterall- the natural lakes and rivers they originally come from doesn\'t have the luxury of a filter or anything special.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Well, as I see it, you are half right, algae will not hurt your turtle (in most cases), but ponds do have a filtration system, a natural one, in the way of plants that use the turtle waste as food and also snails that eat whatever is left behind by turtles and worms in the mud that deal with decomposing matter, I\'m sure there is more but I will not go into it:D:D
YellowBelli
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I get your point. hehe... :)
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

I used to have fish tanks growing up and I\'ve always been taught that algae is a sign of a healthy tank. Granted, if it\'s out of hand it isn\'t a good thing .. but if algae is able to grow it means that the conditions of the water are good ones.

Just make sure that you scrub your tank clean from time to time and don\'t let you tank start to look like a pond. ;)
  • Information