help!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
donnam1954

Hi,

I have three red-eared slider babies. One, Crush, I \"inhereted\" from someone who bought him at a pet shop while on vacation. I have had Crush now for 4 months and he has always been fun to watch. And I swear that he knows my voice. Anyway, yesturday, I threw some raw hamburger meat in the bowl, and Crush came right over and began to eat it. Today, he is do different. He is just lieing on his basking ramp. Sometimes he is sleeping, and other times, he is just lying there, awake. I put him in the water so he could eat his favorite shrimp. But he took only about two bites and went right back on the ramp. Once, I saw him floating upside down in the water, and he wasn\'t even trying to turn rightside up. I had to turn him up. Did the hamburger meat do this? Will it pass? Is there something I can do? I am feeling so bad
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i don\'t think hamburger would do any harm if it was cooked..oh ok u mentioned it is raw meat..hmmm i don\'t know really but when u put him in the water is he listing (leaning to one side more than the other)? keep an eye on him and raise the temps a bit to be on the safe side..
keep us posted about the little guy
  • Information