filter

Discussions about turtles.
Nik54545
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there...Its been a little while. I have another question...Is this a good filter???

ZooMed
Turtle Clean Submersible Filter - 318

Or would I be better off getting the Fluval I\'ve been looking at??? Suggestions?
~Nikki~
turtleman1

It depends on your tank size and how high your tank is filled.
Nik54545
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks...I don\'t have a tank yet...still deciding if this is the best idea for me and waiting until I\'m financially ready to take on a turtle. Thanks for the info.
TortugaVert

I have that filter and it seems to work well. It makes quite a current if you have a small tank (mines only 5 and a half because my turtles still a baby) so you may want to keep that in mind. I have to turn it off during the day so my turtle can swim around undisturbed. :D

Nik54545 wrote:
Hey there...Its been a little while. I have another question...Is this a good filter???

ZooMed
Turtle Clean Submersible Filter - 318

Or would I be better off getting the Fluval I\'ve been looking at??? Suggestions?
~Nikki~
TOITYS
Level 1
Level 1

It depends on your tank size. I had my turtle in a 55 gallon with a duetto and I was cleaning her constantly. I upgraded to a 125 gallon and bought a fluval 304 and a small Fluval 2. I only change her tank every 2 -3 weeks. I also don\'t feed her live foods because she picked up a bacterial infection from live foods that alomst killed her a few years back so if you are feeding live foods it may need to be cleaned a bit more. My turtle is also a full grown red ear slider which is why my tank is so large. Hope this helps.
  • Information