help

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
stellarblack

I\'m pretty sure my turtle is sick. he used to be very active but now he mostly sits on the rock and hangs his head and closes his eyes. My brother said he heard him sneezing or somthing last night. Does anyone know what might be wrong with him? And what I might do to help him.
thanks 4 the help.
stellarblack

oh yeah, I forgot, he has this white stuff around the bottom part of his mouth, and he hasn\'t been eating much lately either!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

ok that happened to my late turtle and i didn\'t know what to do and there were no vets in here to take him to so i lost him..i\'m not scaring u but u have to take ur little guy to a herp vet ASAP especially if he is doing the \"sneezing\" thing which is actually gulping for air..that\'s when ur turtle stretches its head and looks like he is suffocating and can\'t breath well..u\'ll notice that directly if it is happening especially that it happends constantly..
so again the best thing is to take him to a vet,,for now inc. the temps and take him out of water..keep him warm until then..there is that medicine i got for my other turtle when she had similar symptoms and it worked great..the name is Enfloxil AL 5% Oral..it worked when she had air tubes or i don\'t know what they call them infection..am not sure if it works for respiratory ones..
take good care of the little guy and keep us posted
  • Information