substrate

Discussions about turtles.
meniscous
Level 2
Level 2

Hey, what do I use for substrate in a box if im getting it incase my turtles lay eggs, which im guessing is sand, so. do pet stores supply sand, or is there like play sand I can use?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i don\'t think it is exactly sand..maybe more like soil..pet stores have it for sure but if u want then it must be the same thing beside the rivers cz that\'s where they live and lay their eggs..is she goin to lay eggs?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

The stuff is called \"vermiculite\" and they say you can get it at walmart garden center or I guess any other garden center:D
meniscous
Level 2
Level 2

Hey, what if im strapped for cash, would soil and sand mixed together work at all!?
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

Have a garage sale first, then use the money to buy vermiculite. Yes, soil and sand would work, but vermiculite is the best. Be sure to adjust the moisture levels of it accordingly. For example, make it drier if U have a land turtle, moister if you have aquatic turtle.
ecebolat

meniscous wrote:
Hey, what do I use for substrate in a box if im getting it incase my turtles lay eggs, which im guessing is sand, so. do pet stores supply sand, or is there like play sand I can use?
how can i get my turtle to ley eggs with out another turtle
meniscous
Level 2
Level 2

uhh, well. I dont know why you just want the turtle to lay eggs, There is a lot of stuff you got to study up on, and basically you will need a make and female to get fertile eggs. you wont need a male for long, as the female can store the sperm. But still, it isnt just as easy as, laying eggs and they will hatch
  • Information