why did it die?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
i_love_turtles
Level 1
Level 1

I recently brought a baby turtle and after a couple of days it died. I know I personally did nothing wrong because I\'ve had turtles for 8 years and none have ever died. When I found it, it looked normal all apart from underneath. Where the shell used to be yellow it was a dark red colour... what does this mean? Does anyone know why it died? Please help because I don\'t want to loose any of my other turtles!

Thank You
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

probably it had a disease..did the shell look like there\'s blood in there? maybe that\'s septicemia http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/m ... Septicemia
is it something like this?
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

people who sell turtles often have bad setups for them. where I got my turtle, they had a perfect setup but about 50 silver dollar RES babies were in there. there were 4 basking areas with 4 UVB lamps but other turtles stacked up on top of each other(probably by option and not because there weren\'t any space in the basking areas) but most pet stores keep turtles in a bad setup. were there basking areas? were there UV lamps? were there water heaters if they were in a large tank? were other turtles fighting? were they all the same species? was the water clean? sorry about the questions but there a lot of causes for a turtle dying that quickly because my turtle survived a 3 day trip from south carolina to michigan. (you don\'t need to answer all those if you don;t want to lol! :D)
  • Information