looking for some advice

Discussions about turtles.
etnerap
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if there were certain websites that you all know of that aren\'t good for buying turtles. I have seen the links of recommended places. I bought a turtle from a place that I thought was reputable but it has been drama ever since. Most recently the turtle died. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy a turtle?? Mine was a box turlte and I would like to get another. Thanks
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

am sorry for that but i don\'t know any place..am sure someone here will help
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

is there anyway you can get one in a petstore around where you live. i know the reason you probably got one online in the first place is because you can\'t, but i\'d really really try to stick to a place where you can actual visit and observed where these turtles are raised, etc.
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

Here\'s a tip: don\'t buy it from prehistoricpets.com. I\'ve been to their store and they are HORRIBLE!!!
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3

Hmmm i havnt brought a turtle online... but i heard turtle-town.com & turtlepimp.com was good... they work 2gether i think with a guy ame paul i was online checkin references n stuff n many ppl. hav brought turtles from them n seem to b happy n say they are very helpful with ne queestions..

BUT THEN AGAIN... I HAVE NOT BROUGHT A TURTLE FROM THEM... jus speaking on wat ive read...
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

bxslilprincess wrote:
Hmmm i havnt brought a turtle online... but i heard turtle-town.com & turtlepimp.com was good... they work 2gether i think with a guy ame paul i was online checkin references n stuff n many ppl. hav brought turtles from them n seem to b happy n say they are very helpful with ne queestions..

BUT THEN AGAIN... I HAVE NOT BROUGHT A TURTLE FROM THEM... jus speaking on wat ive read...
turtlepimp.com .. haha i just laughed when i read that. please don\'t buy a turtle from \"turtlepimp.com\". (not you, just anyone ..)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

lol rach..i know www.turtlesale.com but i didn\'t try them
BXsLilPrinCesS
Level 3
Level 3

i heard turlesale was sending sick turtles that died quickly... got that from another forum
etnerap
Level 1
Level 1

really? That is interesting because that is where I got my turtle too. Can u tell me what forum you may have read that in? They actually shipped her in the dead of winter with 2-day delivery. Give me a break!!

And no, I can\'t get a turtle from a local store. I wish.

Thanks
  • Information