Good Or Bad Water Level?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Limpy the Turtle
Level 2
Level 2

I\'m not sure if my turtle can swim well, but neways um i saw on this one tank that they had the water way filled to the topof this big tank... will that kill my turtle or sumtin cuz she wont be able to breath and stuff?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

if u have a basking area ur turtle can get easily on then don\'t worry it won\'t drown unless it gets stuck to something which usually doesn\'t happen if everything in there is safe..how old is ur turtle? if it\'s a baby then maybe u want to lower the water level cz they learn how to swim gradually
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

i would definitely not recommend filling a tank all the way to the top for a hatchling.

my guy has a floating basking \"rock.\" he has rocks sloped up one side of the tank and a big rock up there to chill out on. and he also has a plant that has parts of it that protrude out of the top of the water and this gives him yet another area to rest on.
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

I wish I had more money for an expensive setup.:(
  • Information