Problem with 2 turtles

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
puregold
Level 1
Level 1

hey it\'s me again... it\'s my 2 RES again... and there is starting to be a problem.
my 2 RES one female one male, both around the same age, but one is about 1.7x larger than the other, becuase she eats a lot more than the other one.. she is agreezive with food.. eats everything.. etc and now.. when i feed them obviously the big one will eat most of the food. and get fat. and the small one will not have much to eat.. soo i took the big one out when i feed .. and let the small one eat first, then put the big one back in.. but then the small one isn\'t really eating... he knows there\'s food.. he came up and eat a piece of retile sticks(wardly)... i also put raffy I shrimp.. but he doesn\'t eat... i dunno why.. i am starting to become worrying.. but he still bask fine, swim. etc etc...

And also. the big one.. i think it\'s getting fat. how exactly do i know if its realy getting fat?

Thx soooo much..any advise wil be good..

oh btw.. i am sure they are not against each other.. consider they often so the Love Dance.. like once 3 days.. lol...soo.. ya

Thx
puregold
Level 1
Level 1

Also just found out.. normally turles in the water doesn\'t open and close their mouht too often rite?.. i found that the small one.. the one isn\'t eating.. is opening and close his mouth when he sits @ the bottom between the tree...
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

they actually do open and close their mouth while in water i think that\'s normal bcz mine do it too..
for the eating thing,,first of all it is normal for the female to be larger in size..how to know if she\'s getting chubby? if she can\'t get into the shell all at once (either hands and head or feet at a time),,and if u see chubby skin coming out from the holes then she\'s getting fat and needs to be put on a diet
puregold
Level 1
Level 1

well.. there .. it\'s proven then shes getting FAT.. hahaha.... anyways.. what about the eating problem with the small one? that seems to eat little. and not interested in food?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

lol then she has to start a diet..
for the little guy,,hmmm..is everything else ok? maybe he doesn\'t like the food that much and eats only because he is too hungry..try different types of food and tell us what happens:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

If you are going to put your turtle on a diet, this page gives a guideline for you to follow:
http://www.turtlecare.net/diet.htm

for the little one, try some tuna in water, starkist maybe, just to get him eating.:D
  • Information