Freaking Out?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
New_Mom15
Level 2
Level 2

My tank had gravel in it, but I took it out because people said it wasn\'t good. I got one of those decks to replace the gravel I was using for my turtles basking area. I also added a filter, you know to clean the tank. When I put her back into the tank, she just started freaking out, so I thought maybe she was hungry so I gave her food. She ate but she kept bangin around. That is normal right? I was thinking maybe she was scared of the filter, but when I turned it off she was still bangin around. Do turtles like to do that, bang around in there tanks?
stunt pogoer
Level 3
Level 3

hmm... that depends on what kind of turtle u have. but it was probulaly used to the gravel, and it got upset and went on a rampage. my softy did that once too when i took the sand out. but now shes happy. i wouldnt worry about it at all

good luck
New_Mom15
Level 2
Level 2

Okay, good becuz I want her to be happy. Thank ya!!
tubbieturtles
Level 2
Level 2

mine only reacted for about 10 minutes after i took their gravel out..now they are fine. maybe yours is just getting use to change
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah and remember,,turtles have different personalities
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

my turtle cray he often tries to break the glass with his head and get out if you want to get something he cant swallow i sujest you get those sorat flatish round glass craft marbles or just marbles thats if thier small becoz they wont be able to eat them well atleast for a year or 2 i would think
  • Information