RES and a rock

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
Captain_Turtle
Level 3
Level 3

My turtle experienced an urge yesterday and started stroking this river rock that was on the bottom of the container. I feel bad for him \'cause he\'s wasting his time and my parents won\'t let me get a female.

Should I wait until he stops doing it or what? Also, if you live in Southern California, can you let me borrow a turtle or something?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

He\'ll probably lose interest when he sees that the rock is not responding and doesn\'t have the required equipment for him to proceed:D:D:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

that\'s sad..i wouldn\'t mind sparing mine but i live far away and she\'s still too young
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

What kind of Turtle is he and how big is he? I don\'t think turtles \'get-it-on\' with rocks. Was he rubbing it with his claws? There are many differant reasons for turtle behavior, and most of turtles\' behavior has nothing to do with wanting to mate. I wouldn\'t recomend breeding your turtle because you think he has an urge to do so. It is difficult to raise all teh ababies and then find homes for them. Esspecially if you have a RES. Every year hundreds or thousands of RES hatchlings die because they are so resily available and there\'s just not enough homes for them. Often they are neglected and not taken care of properly. If you really want to breed turtles I would suggest that you really look into it... :D

Willie
  • Information