Baby Sliders2

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Tuesday
Level 1
Level 1

I have another question about the setting in the aquarium... There is a place for basking and a filter one of them is always by the filter. i was wondering why he does that.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

hmmm turtle habits? maybe he\'s curious about it?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Maybe he likes the hummm of the pump motor, or just trying to hide:D
Tuesday
Level 1
Level 1

Yea maybe, :/ i\'m afraid that he will get stuck by the side or something, Should i worry?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

if it looks dangerous then try to keep him away buy putting something in his place
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Keep in mind that res can stay under water for a long time, some even sleep underwater, ocassionally waking up to get some air, just make sure that your turtle is not stuck, stick your hand towards him(like you\'re trying to catch him) if he moves out of the way, I\'d leave him alone:D
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

Tuesday wrote:
Yea maybe, :/ i\'m afraid that he will get stuck by the side or something, Should i worry?
don\'t worry at all. my RES wedges himself between the glass and the filter ALL THE TIME. he started doing it almost immediately after i got the filter. i don\'t know if it\'s the heat or the vibrations or what, but i\'m guessing he enjoys it. i wouldn\'t worry about it one bit.
  • Information