bottom dweller

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
HaxeOrdinary
Level 2
Level 2

I got three little ones for Christmas and they all seem active and healthy. The two bigger ones look to be the same age but the littlest one is a lot smaller and younger. I\'m worried that the other two bully her, and I know that they eat her food. She stays under the water for long periods of time and prefers to walk along rather than swim. But she\'s \"weighty\" and is active. Could it be that the pet store had her hibernating? Am I just paranoid? Let me know what you think
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

welcome to the board:)
i don\'t think pet stores let their turtles hibernate..it\'s simply either that baby is a guy and the other 2 are girls that\'s why they are bigger or maybe something else i don\'t know..how old r they approx.? what are their sizes? did u see them actually fight?
HaxeOrdinary
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for replying. The bigger two are apprx. an inch and a half while the smaller one is about an inch. They came from two shipments from the farm I think. As for fighting...it\'s probably just playing. I think I\'m just nervous for the littlest one, he\'s kind of worrying me and is my favorite. It\'s almost like he\'s too heavy to reach the surface.
HaxeOrdinary
Level 2
Level 2

Oh, and he likes to hid out under the basking bridge which made me think he was hibernating because it\'s dark under there.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Turtles are in a way like us, most people will go up to another and just start talking like they\'ve been the best of friends for a long while, while others are more timid, if you are worried that the little one is not getting enough food, feed her in a separate container (salad bowl, wash after) so she will eat as much as she wants, maybe feed her first then after she is done put the other two in, that way they will all eat:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

he\'s probably shy..1/2 and inch is not a big deal to think about size difference..some turtles are social while others are aggressive..just keep an eye on the little guy and make sure they don\'t hurt him..although i don\'t think they will bcz my 2 turtles are almost the size of ur big and small ones..they get along perfectly:)
  • Information