By north window?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
TurtleMama
Level 2
Level 2

I bought a 55 gal aquarium for my little guys. They will be so excited because they have been in a 20L for 18 months. I am thinking of placing it in front of a window on the north side of my house where they won\'t get any direct sun. Will this be ok?
deesygirl

I have 2 of my three tanks in front of windows. One facing east and one facing north. To protect them I used reflective film on the back of the tanks facing the windows.
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

my tank s in this sorta place

my tank is between a door and a window i dont recomend it there becuase the wind (as it is here its sapouse to be summer and its raining) from the door and window changes the water temp reader(the thermometer on the outside of the tank) and its harder to see what the temp is but you can solve that problem like i am going to by buying a in water thermometer
Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

Placing any tank turtles or fish near the outside wall of your house causes the temp to change often, also be carefull about sun light it can cause alge to grow rapidly & change the temp.

I have my tank about 8 ft from the windows and the side of the tank facing the windows I painted black to prevent any problems.
  • Information