Pictures?

You can chat about non-pet topics here! Be courteous to others and keep it clean!
HorseAndTurtleGeek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I\'m Tina. I see you have lots of topics for all this so i\'ll just tell you somethings about myself. I\'m 5ft8in, 18 years old, i have black hair and brown eyes. I live in Auburn, WA, and have two turtles, but I haven\'t named them, they\'re really boring. I was hoping you guys could tell me how i could have fun with them. I have a lot of fun with my National Show horse mare, Video. The turtles just sit. But they haven\'t been eating, is it because it\'s winter? Do they need a pond? They live in a ten gallon tank. I don\'t know what they are, I\'ve had them for a while. And, how can you put pictures on here? I have one of video but none of the turtles. Okay, thanks for all your help (in addvance, lol) :p Tina
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

welcome to the board tine:)
turtles are not boring at all especially when they are very playful..maybe ur tank is a bit small for them..maybe they don\'t have the right environment..what are their sizes? what do u have in there with them?

for posting pix:

1) u should have them on an online album..if u din\'t have one already,,try using www.photobucket.com it is easy to upload pix from ur pc

2) once ur pix are there,,right click on the pic then go to properties..copy the URL address link

3) paste the address u copied in ur post here between [ i m g ] the url goes here [ / i m g ] WITHOUT THE SPACES but i have to do it that way for demo.

4) ur pix are there and we\'re enjoying them now:)

5) we would like to see pix of ur turtles too..maybe we can help in letting u love them as we do:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Well, I guess someone beat me to the punch:D
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Turtles are generally like fish, fish don\'t do much exept to swim and eat, turtles on the other hand will actually beg for food, but don\'t expect them to do tricks or anything like that, they are very relaxing to watch, especially if you have feeder fish with them, they will chase the fish and occasionally catch one. If you think turtles are boring, maybe turtles really aren\'t for you, but if you decide to keep them, they will eventually grow on you, they develop their own personalities, even if you can\'t tell them apart, you can tell by the way they behave, like mine, I know which is which because the female will just look at me while the male, as soon as it sees me he jumps into the water so fast you would probably not see a ripple on the water surface. enjoy your turtles:D:D
HorseAndTurtleGeek
Level 1
Level 1

That sounds a little compicated but I\'ll tey, someday. Right now I want to know what you\'re supposed to DO w/ turtles! Mine are I think 8 in. long, maybe the tank is too small. They can\'t really move, each has like a side and then that\'s it. Should they be in water?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

it\'s either u take good care of them or release them..ur torturing them that way!! u should\'ve let them go earlier and give them a chance to hibernate..DON\'T do it now..find them a good place to stay at till spring and release them in a pond
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

usually the rule to determine what size u need for ur enclosure it\'s 10 gallon for every inch of lenght and u have to had the lenght of all the turtles...so already ur 8 inch turtle(if it\'s the lenght)should be in a 80 gallon so 2 turtles in a 10 gallon it\'s far away to be enough big....if u don\'t have the money for a fishtank,put them in a rubbermaid container..they sale big one(like 50 gallon)for around 15 dollars canadian,might be cheaper in the state...i think u should read carefully the care sheet in this site..cause ur turtles s\'gonna get sick eventually,and they will die if u don\'t correct the enclosure...
HorseAndTurtleGeek
Level 1
Level 1

I went to the tank today and I found an egg! It\'s very big and hard. One of the turtles had green poop. Bleck! The tank is black. I\'m not very good with aniamls, I\'ve killed a bunch. Like goldfish, and birds and rats and rabbits. Oh well. They don\'t care. :)
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

HorseAndTurtleGeek wrote:
They don\'t care. :)
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. sorry, but that attitude disgusts me. please go out right now and buy and huge rubbermaid container and fill it with water and put the turtles in there. at least they\'ll have room to move. i can\'t imagine two 8\" turtles in a 10 gallon tank! my baby isn\'t even 2 inches and he\'s in a 10 gallon tank. wow. please do something and don\'t act like you don\'t care.
HorseAndTurtleGeek
Level 1
Level 1

Will they be able to wait a few days? I won\'t be able to do anything until then.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

first did u even think of taking the egg out of water? there might be more following soon so get them some soil to put them in (if we assume it is really an egg)
that\'s so bad..why do u get animals?? to kill them?!!!
HorseAndTurtleGeek
Level 1
Level 1

No, I don\'t want to or like to kill animals, they just die. People just drop them off and I don\'t know how to take care of them!

P.S. My little brother confested this morning of putting a chicken\'s egg in my turtle\'s tank. False alarm. :p
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

OMG ur messing with those turtles..listen a very important thing,,put in mind that u wanna love them and provide a nice life for them..difficult? if yes then stop here and let them go
stunt pogoer
Level 3
Level 3

im new to the pic thing... is this rite?

STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, except for the capital letters in img, use small ones or else the pictures won\'t come out, but you still get the url so we can click on it and see it anyway:D
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

hold on turtles are serious business when i got mine all i knew was they are tropical and need a heater and a light ok my dad had that stuff from his old tropical fish they started off with the wrong light but i went out of my way to correct that then i found out the were going to need a way big tank so me and my family took ages tryna bid on a fish tank eventually we got one we had to way out of our way to get the tank driving about 2-3 towns away but now i know i am doing the best i can for my turtles and im happy with that
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

it\'s ok hamburger her turtles are fine now and got a big home:)
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

dixieee wrote:
it\'s ok hamburger her turtles are fine now and got a big home:)
yes, but we never saw it .. so it makes me wonder!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

we didn\'t see the whole person since that time but i hope we didn\'t get fooled
BeautifulGirl
Level 1
Level 1

OMG is your turtle totally adorable!! I love that pic!!

rachelmarie wrote:
HorseAndTurtleGeek wrote:
They don\'t care. :)
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. sorry, but that attitude disgusts me. please go out right now and buy and huge rubbermaid container and fill it with water and put the turtles in there. at least they\'ll have room to move. i can\'t imagine two 8\" turtles in a 10 gallon tank! my baby isn\'t even 2 inches and he\'s in a 10 gallon tank. wow. please do something and don\'t act like you don\'t care.
VersteckterGeist
Level 3
Level 3

wow.. talk about the wrong forum to post about apathetic animal care..

that's just horrible.

think about all the time, love, and affection you spend on your horse.. your turtles are living, breathing animals just like that.. how could you not care for them the same?

if not better.. since they'll be inside with you.. ?

things like that never sease to amaze me.. i'd rather starve a day, if i know my money would be better used to help a defenseless animal..
  • Information