need ur prayers...

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i\'ve noticed green gasping yesterday..she did it twice while i was watching but in different times of the day..today she refused to eat and she\'s doing that gasping more often..i\'m trying to find a vet for her..even if one for dogs i don\'t care but i would never let her face what leo did..it\'s been raining like heck since 4 days and the streets are flooding..i just hope i can reach a vet and it will be close to my home..

i need ur prayers guys..if u know any medicine for that we would be very thankful cz i already found a pharmacy but not a vet..

thanx everyone
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

i\'m so sorry...hang on we gonna save ur girl!! i read on tt that u have to give liquid vitamin in the water if she not eating.or u can use some human baby vitamin like poly-vi-sol.and a calcium block will be good too..lots of sun(uv ray) and raise the temp at 85F.but u got to find a vet cause she need antibiotic shot...hope she\'s gonna be ok..
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

thanx yaya
i finally found a vet..i took her in a small container with very hot water than soon became freezing bcz of the weather..the good thing is that she didn\'t gasp during the whole trip..the vet tried to open her mouth but she was struggling badly..he took her to another room (to change her with a healthy one??!!!) so i followed (in case he really thought of doing so)..he used a long rubber tube i don\'t know what for then he said it\'s not pneumonea..yay that\'s the good part..it\'s just something related to the nose and not the lungs which is also not that bad..he wrote a prescription and said that i can get it from any pharmacy..checked on 2 but they didn\'t have it..i had to go back home cz the weather got worse and i couldn\'t drive anymore..
and guess what,,he didn\'t let me pay a penny!! i asked how much does it cost and he said let her be fine and i need nothing more..he also gave me some tips on what to do with water..3% salt from the whole concentration..and a mixture to soak her in 2-3 minutes daily..mint will go for that too..
i hope she\'ll be ok..thanx yaya i\'ll ask for those too today..at least i\'ll have something to treat her with if i didn\'t find those drops

thanx again:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I am glad that green is going to be ok, I\'m sorry I missed the post, green will stay in our prayers until and after her condition improves.:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

thanx stray:)
i\'ll be going to get any of those medicines i was told about (from the vet and yaya)..i hope to find any..she just ate right now..that\'s good too:)
see it\'s all bcz of ur prayers..thanx a lot
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

You\'re welcome, keep us posted:D
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

glad she gonna be ok....and glad she eat too..keep us post!
HorseAndTurtleGeek
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like you have a good vet. :)
stunt pogoer
Level 3
Level 3

dixiee, can you PLEASE give me the mixture he told u to soak ur turtle in for 2-3 minutes, because my softshell has a fungus like yours does and i cant afford to go to the vet now im only a kid lol

thanks alot
stunt pogoer
Level 3
Level 3

not a fungus, but its gasping. thanks
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

get a small turkish cofee cup or mug or whatever they call it...then mix it with 1.5 litres of water and soak the turtle for 2-3 minutes daily..

btw an update on green:

she did that gasping again for 20 continuous times..i went to the pharmacy..they couldn\'t read the prespriction and they didn\'t know yaya\'s medicine..they said we might have it with a different name:( they told me about a petshop that might have such things..i went there and FINALLY i found it!! mouth drops that costed me almost $5..it was fine somehow..the problem was how can i open her mouth to drop it in..i soaked a dried shrimp and put it in the water..yay she ate it after 45 min of trying to get her attention to it..3 times a day, 45 min for each drops..ok i hope this doesn\'t take much time..

the medicine\'s name is Enfloxil..there is a website on the bottle but seems it is mexican so i can\'t read it..it is www.tornel.com
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

http://www.trekamundi.com/tornel/detall ... 6&idioma=2

antibiotics
ENFLOXIL ORAL AL 5%

FORMULA :
Each ml contains:
Enrofloxacin
Excipient, q.s. 50 mg
1 ml

Synthetic antibacterial agent for birds and cattle. This is a fluorochinolone, a wide-spectrum synthetic antibacterial that provides immediate effect. It acts against gram-positive and gram-negative germs. It is recommended for the treatment of avian cholera, chronic respiratory disease, typhoid fever, pullorosis, colisepticemia, paratyphoid infectious coryza, air-sac disease and mycoplasmosis. Administer this drug in the treatment of respiratory and digestive infections.

Is that the one?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yes that\'s exactly it..thanx stray,,so it works for turtles?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Doesn\'t say, but I hope that it does:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

it better be,,lol
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

dixieee wrote:
get a small turkish cofee cup or mug or whatever they call it
i forgot to say: fill it with salt and mix the salt with water..one cup for every 1.5 litres of water
godlinked86
Level 3
Level 3

have no fear GodLinked is here.......just passing by......will keep green in prayers...
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

thanx a lot godlinked86 :)
she\'s getting better now (hopefully)
godlinked86
Level 3
Level 3

well i hope green goes healthy cuz i wanna ee how she is soon....still praying
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

she is hopefully..i got the hint of how to let the medicine go in there..hadn\'t seen her gasping since 4 days..ur prayers are working thanx:)
CeCe

Hi

I have read a bit below, and was thinking, anytime Fred (Australian Murray River Turtle) Has anything weird going on i take him back to the pet shop/aquiarium shop that i bought him OR to one i trust.

To work out who to trust look at the way they keep their animals for sale.

Also you tend to create a friendship with the staff and they will try their hardest to help.

Ce
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yeah but my problem was that we don\'t have too many vets in here and if u find one they\'re all for cats and dogs mostly since people consider them as the only pets..the place i got my turtles from was more like an old fish market..u know those smelly places..there were like 40 baby hatchlings in the tank together..how could they tell which has eaten! they just throw the food in there and early ones get it..i was shocked to know they have a filter and lights with all that ignorance!! but am glad i found someone to care about my baby:)
CeCe

Hey Dixiee

Over here people are crazy about FISH aquariums. Please try one of them as you will find usually they are the ones who sell the turtles (water) as well. SO no normal fish/pet shop, but an aquarium shop would be better. You know, the sort that sells pet sharks, octopus, sea horse, discus, oscars and other specialties. if not next bet would be a local university (biology dept) or someone who has had a turtle for many years; Or give the ZOO a call. most wont mind helping with enquires. And if you do try a vet make ask him over the phone, as most dont like to waiste their or other peoples time.

C
CeCe

Last edited by CeCe on Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

thanx:) the whole issue is that i don\'t live in the U.S and there are no specialized aquarium shops in here..turtles are considered weird to be kept as pets and fish are for boring people (that\'s how they think)
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

its a shame that I missed another post but me and dozer will keep green in our thoughts.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

lol there are others u missed too:p

thanx buddy:)
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

*punches himself in the face* darn it!!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

lol it\'s ok
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Yeah, I missed a couple myself, on some the one who asked the question was in good hands so I just read:D
cstanton819
Level 3
Level 3

I have just been missing for a couple of weeks. I hope green is o.k. now I\'ll be praying for him.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

thanx:) she is getting better especially when she goes out for a walk
godlinked86
Level 3
Level 3

wow its been long since i been here i`ve been wondering how is green hope she is in perfect health now
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

she is great now thanx for asking:) she\'s went back to eating mint\'s food too:)
  • Information