boxie getting worse....

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

uhg. tiggies getting worse he hasent eaten in like a week.....sad i warmed up his cage but nothing his eyes are still closed and its 57 dollars to take him to the vet not including meds....uhhhh im soaking him right now but he floats...is he suppost to?....theres a part on his eye that looks like he scratched it *hes got really long nails*, everything i do to help isent workning, what am i suppost to do now?
Jericho199
Level 3
Level 3

Take him to the vet. He needs professional treatment.
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

i know that my other boxie *lucky me* turned up to have the same thing this morning what am i doing wrong?, theres hardly any vet out here that works on turtles....there expencive
Jericho199
Level 3
Level 3

DOn\'t know what else to tell you other than take him to the vet. There\'s only so much we can help you with here. Sounds to me like they\'re very sick though and need medicine. Sometimes there\'s just no way around a vet.

Maybe someone will respond with another suggestion but all I can say is he needs to go to the vet :/
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

chech this link for a vet in ur area www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/vetlisting.htm ..i think ur turtle really should go see one..
Last edited by yaya on Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

go to a vet or they will die. i just spent $80 (and that was the cheapest way to go!) on one 5 month old RES. it\'s very expensive, but it all depends on if you can sit there and watch them die or give in and pay the money to get them \"fixed\". good luck!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

take them to a vet..if u couldn\'t afford it then at least take one and if they have the same case then treat both of them the same..that\'s stupid i know but they have to see a vet ASAP
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

i know...i know i called the vet...and gonna make an appointment as soon as my mom get off the phone.....ha my ads go nice hes like how coold u do that to a turtle i say u jus kill it now take it ooutside and beat it with a shovel...nice i know
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Try here also to see if there\'s any other herp vet near you: http://www.arav.org/USMembers.htm
xVBBB Girlx
Level 3
Level 3

hehe ^_^ went to the pet store and got some new eye drops, for boxies just got them yesterday and already his eyes are clearing up *yey*, turns out scooter had it to but drops worked on him withing an hour *smiles*, now they just have to geet back into the sway of eating
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Great news, I hope they get over their eye problem soon:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

hope they\'ll totally recover soon:)
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

i was lucky my turtle cost me $80 but all i had to do was get another one now hes happy as his shell is not getting worse and slowy better his still the boss in his tank
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Nothing like seniority (means you have been there the longest):D
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

yup if he doesnt want to bask and franklyn does he will often go and push him off so he can play
  • Information