fish food for turtles??

Discussions about turtles.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i\'m out of food and my babies are about to starve..i\'m not facing any problems with green she\'s eating anything i give her (chicken, meat, little bites of lettuce...) but mint refuses to eat anything but those pellets..i found a can of fish food so i read the ingredients and it was made of liver, fish, escargots (reminded me of the whole debate lol) and other things i can\'t remember..in conclusion i thought it contained the right diet for turtles too..

the problems is: can turtles eat fish food? there was another one for gold fish..will they float? actually they looked like cerials

thanx all:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mine like fish food, and whatever was left over the fish would eat (when I had fish), I am planning on getting about 20 feeder guppies this time, and no feeding the turtles in the tank, they are too messy, go ahead and try it, it is better than your turtle starving, hamburger can be fed to them, but it has to be cooked and not served to them too often because it has too much fat.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

ok thanx..i got the pellets today so i won\'t need to get the fish food..but i\'m still considering trying it some day
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

You are welcome, nice to hear your baby won\'t starve:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

hehe yeah they were lucky with that visit..i found a nice tank for them..a big one that costs $100 so it might reach $150 with the accessories..i just wonder if they really do need a heater..gonna get it soon when we move:D
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

How many gallons is it?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i don\'t know exactly but a big one
  • Information