how often should he eat? anything special about a 2 year old

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
iluvmyPITA
Level 1
Level 1

he\'s two years old now.
i was feeding him about 4-6 sticks a day, every day until he was nearly 1 and half. but then someone said he should eat every other day (about that same amount). now that he\'s two, what should i do?
also, is there anything i should know about my turtle at this age?
jennifer!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

what is it exactly? a RES? what is the size of sticks? i think a 2-year-old is not that old to be fed once every other day..am not sure but i think it is once daily..how is his health? is he chubby?

and yeah one more thing,,rely more on veggies and fruits
iluvmyPITA
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for the veggie tip, what kind?
he likes grapes and carrots.
he\'s a RES and its the typical food sticks. i want him to get more calcium (just in case) and have been giving him cuttlebone (the bird stuff). i break it up in to little pieces.

he\'s not chubby, but he\'s not skinny, i feed him every other day or so. i\'d like to feed him more (just seems right) but i though i\'d seen where ppl say to feed him only every other day.

i hope this is enuff information for someone to let me know how often to feed him to keep him healthy.

thank you!
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

for more idea check this link www.resoasis.com/diet.htm scroll down to the \"what to feed\" section. the link for the poisonous plants is also on that page..
Last edited by yaya on Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh ok i thought they were considered young at 2 yrs..

spinach and iceberg lettuce should NOT be given to turtles..if he likes the grapes and carrots then that\'s fine:) they also like bananas and strawberries
  • Information