Ping Pong Ball

Discussions about turtles.
vamp_96

Has anyone tried putting a ping pong ball in their turtle tank? I heard that turtles might play with it...but I have not gotten around to trying it yet. My turtle is pretty lazy. I bet she would ignore it.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I think that they mistake a turtle trying to climb on the ball with playing, I don\'t think that a turtle would know what a ball is for:D
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

they say turtles like to play
(am i writing a poem?!) :p

anyways,,yeah turtles like to play..i tried putting something for mine but they got frightened..maybe thought it was an allien
a ping pong ball is a nice idea,,try it and tell us what happens:)
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

They might think it is an egg and try to hatch it:D
rachelmarie
Level 3
Level 3

i found a conch on a beach in south florida. (i went home with one of my roomates one weekend)

i cleaned it up and put it in his tank. he loves the thing. he\'ll climb to the top and then jump off and sometimes he\'ll just sit up there. he\'s gone inside it a little bit, but he\'s not small enough any more to fit all the way up into it .. so i\'m not worried about him getting stuck.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Well, turtles are curious, I know first hand, I bought my turtles 20 guppies and they chase them around to try and catch them, I don\'t know if they are trying to eat them or just trying to see if they can catch them, might be a little of both:D
  • Information