Automatic turtle feeder?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
vamp_96

Does anyone know of an automatic feeder that works for Reptomin turtle sticks?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

[/quote]
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i prefer finding someone to look after my turtles if i leave someday
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I am actually facing the same dillema, I am going to visit my mother 400 miles away and my neice asked me about taking the turtles, but I thought, if I keep feeder fish in there with them, they are bound to eat them if they get hungry enough, I want to get some snails for the tank too.

On a sadder note, my feeder fish died on me, it\'s my fault, I went about two weeks without changing the water, I think that is what did them in. :( , I am gonna get maybe 20 rosey red guppies this time, maybe then the turtles will have a better chance of catching them.

There are weekend feeder tablets that are meant for fish, anybody ever use them for turtles?
vamp_96

I have a friend that comes in to feed my turtle when I go out of town. I was hoping to finds some reliable alternative in case I can\'t find someone to feed her. I bought a cheapy automatic feeder from walmart, but it doesn\'t release enough food to make it worthwhile. Plus, my RES tends to ignore it and let it gunk up her tank. She is used to having a human feed her I guess. I tried buying her some feeder fish to munch on but she eats them all as soon as I drop them in the tank. She is such a pig ;). I think i\'ll try buying one of those water plants.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

and how does it work? releases one piece at the set time?
i think yes water plants are the best in such cases
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I think the ones I posted are adjustable, Hey vamp, How about putting a picture of you next to the feeder, make it a good size one, almost the size of your head, that might work:D
vamp_96

dixieee wrote:
i think yes water plants are the best in such cases
it has a little tube that rotates like a clock scooping up pellets as it turns. It won\'t work with turtle sticks, but the pellet food does work. My turtle doesn\'t like pellet food too much though. It is really meant more for flakes I think.
vamp_96

STRAYKINGFISHER wrote:
I think the ones I posted are adjustable, Hey vamp, How about putting a picture of you next to the feeder, make it a good size one, almost the size of your head, that might work:D
I think one of those might work. I\'ll have to see if i can find one locally that I can look at. Its hard to tell by their picture if they will be appropriate.

Maybe a pic would ecourage her to eat *grin*.
Jericho199
Level 3
Level 3

There are weekend feeder tablets that are meant for fish, anybody ever use them for turtles?
They\'re designed for fish.

Basically they have pockets of food inside them and as they dissolve, they release it for your fish. Your turtle would likely eat the whole thing in a few minutes and want seconds :D
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

The ones that I saw at Walmart were just like the neutralizer tablets, they are compressed little tablets that you put in the tank so that the fish will eat while you are away, they fizz just like the neutralizer too, and you are right, the turtles will probably eat them within the hour:D
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information