Two questions please help.

Discussions about turtles.
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

Is it ok to use Gravel or really small rocks for turtles (I heard they could eat them). The other question was what\'s algae? What causes algae and how can I stop it? Thanks for you time.
Louis
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

Q) Is it ok to use Gravel or really small rocks for turtles (I heard they could eat them)?

A) gravel is ok for decoration but it MUST be bigger than the turtle\'s head so it doesn\'t eat it..so really small rocks are harmful,they could eat it and problems arise from that

Q) The other question was what\'s algae?

A) algae is that green or brown stuff that grows on turtles or rocks or anywhere in the setup (something like fungus)

Q) What causes algae?

A) depends on water quality (what minerals are there,,etc..)

Q) and how can I stop it?

A) algae-eaters: different types of fish that can be put with turtles and clean the tank. u can find examples here:http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Articl ... tokeep.htm scroll down to the fish part

hope this helps:)
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

Is Algea good for turtles?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

definately it\'s not good..but i don\'t know if it is bad..i only know it\'s annoying
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

not in an enclosed area, (fish tanks) they could get diseased in algae is left in there for too long. but in its natural area or in a pond, its ok.
sindykara
Level 1
Level 1

can you show me an sample if a red ear slider is a boy or girl I would realy like find out.how can I tell how old my red ear slider is? thank you very much.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

welcome sindy:)
it\'s very difficult to tell the age of ur turtles unless u know exactly when were they born..

for the gender thing,,check that site http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Info/info.htm
scroll down a little bit and u\'ll find it
  • Information