Fish Question

Discussions about turtles.
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

I wanted to buy a fish that cleans water, I\'m not sure what it\'s called. It\'s black and it\'s always stick to the window and cleans it. Can I get on of this for my turtles?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i think that\'s what ur looking for:

\"Plecostomus – eat algae & commonly kept with turtles. Comes in many varieties & some (like the Zebra Pleco.) don’t eat algae. The common pleco. can get huge at 18 inches in length; this is what most people have used. The Bristlenose pleco. gets 5-6 inches, is fairly large-bodied for its length, and is a great algae-eater although I’ve not heard of people keeping them with turtles. Clown pleco.s stay small at 3-4 inches, and are fair (but not great) algae eaters. Some people say get a pleco. larger than your turtle. Some have kept pleco.s successfully for years. Some have had turtles kill the pleco, eat the pleco, bite the pleco.’s eyes off, etc…a feeder until proven otherwise.\"
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Anyway, here\'s a link to Plecos.com:http://www.plecos.com/art_robert_fenner.php
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

would plecos work in my tank? I usually avoid putting fish with aquatic animals.(its also quite crowded)
  • Information