Skiddish

Discussions about turtles.
meniscous
Level 2
Level 2

I introduced my turtles two days ago, the seem fine besides sniffing eachother, but the one turtle is so... afraid of the other it is strange. The one turtle is swimming minding its business and the other is swimming away as fast as possible, with its tail tucked, . I dont understand because the other turtle couldnt care less about the one:S:S
cstanton819
Level 3
Level 3

How well do they act when they eat??
Does one still seem to dominate??
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

The one turtle is swimming minding its business and the other is swimming away as fast as possible
Mine are kinda the same, only one of my turtles likes to hang to the side of the little island I made for them, while the other one is always underwater, I was afraid he would drown until I looked over the top of the corner where he usually goes and found out that he has enough space in that corner of the island that he can stick his head out to breathe, so I don\'t worry so much anymore, still, he spends too much time in the water.:D
meniscous
Level 2
Level 2

well. when they are eating, they just eat as much as they can before its all gone. they bask together and everything until they are in the water, then they begin being all weird. Well the one does act all scared. it is strange. I suppose turtles are like humans. Some of us are shy, some are strong, some just dont give a poop!
cstanton819
Level 3
Level 3

He could just be shy
introvret vs. extrovert
if they bask together they love eachother.

What are their names?
meniscous
Level 2
Level 2

well things were going good, but they r starting to go face to face, shake their legs in lijke a fighting stance, and nipping eachother:S:S:S
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Any chance that they are male and female, kinda sounds like they are doing the mating dance, dixieee should know more about this,:D I think she\'s actually seen it, I haven\'t I have just read about it.
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

yes,it\'s really sound like the mating dance...when they shake the left at the face of the other one does it look like a vibration(like if the paw vibrate)?!?(don\'t know if u undrstand it\'s kind hard to explain)do they nip each other in the neck?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

ooh there\'s some turtle flirting going on:)
seems the other guy/girl\'s problem is not with the other one..the turtle might be shy from u
meniscous
Level 2
Level 2

Sorta, the one tuckes its head back, and its two front pawws vibrate quickly and it swims backwards, then after 3-4 seconds, it lunnges forward and doesnt bit, but tries..., the other turtle doesnt seem to give a poop except for the nipping. They are only 2 and 3 years old..
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

maybe one is scared of another because of past aggression.
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

meniscous wrote:
Sorta, the one tuckes its head back, and its two front pawws vibrate quickly and it swims backwards, then after 3-4 seconds, it lunnges forward and doesnt bit, but tries..., the other turtle doesnt seem to give a poop except for the nipping. They are only 2 and 3 years old..
really look like mating dance...maybe ur male praticing but the other one is not responding..(cause maybe it\'s a boy or a too young female)keep a eyes on them to make sure it doesn\'t turn into aggression...
cstanton819
Level 3
Level 3

Baby turtles are coming!!!
meniscous
Level 2
Level 2

hahaha, well, im not sure, it looks like the other may be a male, but it also, looks like a female. IM not smart. The tail looks like a males, but the rest makes me think female, (shorts nails, concave bottom plastron I think concave, curves in)
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

2 and 3 yrs are almost ready for mating..can u post pix of them? we might tell..
meniscous
Level 2
Level 2

I can try get one soon, not right not tho, not till a few days, got no camera right now. Once I get the pics ill post em, thanx for the help guys.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

anytime:) we\'re waiting..
  • Information