Turtle won\'t eat

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

My turtles had swollen eyes, but I used eye drops and they seem to open their eyes now, but the problem is that they still won\'t eat :(, can somebody please help me and tell me what I can do thank you.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

r they new? do they do everything else normally now (swimming, basking..)? do u have a water heater and a UV bulb? did they use to eat before they had swollen eyes?

we need some info before handling the eating thing
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

they could possibly be in shock from haveing sick eyes when your sick you dont eat as much how many days has it been from their last meal
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

He could have problems smelling it, if he can\'t smell it he won\'t eat it, at least that\'s how I am when I am sick, I may eat but it feels like I am eating cardboard:D
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

my nose is allways blocked im used to cardboard
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Mine is too, so nasal spray has become my best friend:D, My sister used the nasal spray one time and decided that she didn\'t like it because it made her get too much air (huh?) (wha?):D, it\'s kinda like saying \"no please, no more money, I have enough\" :D:D
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

lol i dont like using it its ewwww yuck but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

They used to until they got swollen eyes. They still swim and do everything they used to. I have them for 5 months I think. Thanks for your time.
Louis
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

lol i dont like using it its ewwww yuck but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do
I use a nasalcrom mister, after you finish their spray liquid, just go to the dollar store to get a cheaper brand and just refill the mister, the reason is because the regular one kinda shoots a stream of the medicine into your nose, but the mister will spray a mist into your nose, much better. and cheaper, it\'s like 6.00 for the nasalcrom and about 1.50 for the regular one, and it works just as well.
They used to until they got swollen eyes. They still swim and do everything they used to. I have them for 5 months I think. Thanks for your time.
Louis
Read your previous post\"My turtles are sick again :( please help!!\" I posted a quote from one of Tinkerbell\'s posts.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

GGLuis wrote:
Louis
ok that\'s good try with them again as if they are new,,try differend types of food especially smelly ones like tuna fish or meat
  • Information