EMERGENCY PLEASE HELP

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
candle523
Level 1
Level 1

I HAVE HAD ONE RED EAR SLIDER FOR SINCE NOVEMBER. I JUST BROUGHT HOME TWO MORE ABOUT A WEEK AGO. SINCE I DID THAT MY FIRST ONE WASN\'T ACTING LIKE IT\'S SELF. IT WASN\'T BEING AS ACTIVE AS IT ALWAYS HAS. WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING THE POOR THING IS JUST LAYING THERE WITH IT\'S HEAD FULLY EXTENDED OUT AND IT KEEPS LIFTING IT\'S HEAD AND STRECHING IT\'S NECK FURTHER OUT WHILE OPENING IT\'S MOUTH THEN IT PUTS IT\'S HEAD BACK DOWN. I PICKED IT UP TO TRY AND SEE IF THERE IS SOMETHING IN IT\'S THROAT BUT IT\'S MOUTH IS JUST TOO SMALL. HE ISN\'T HOLDIG HIS HEAD UP AT ALL WHILE I HOLD IT I HAVE TO GIVE IT\'S HEAD COMPLETE SUPPORT EXCEPT WHEN IT DOES THE WEIRD STREACH MOVE ABOUT EVERY 20 SECONDS. I DON\'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND DON\'T KNOW WHO TO CALL. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF SUCH A THING?
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

yes and u have to run to the vet quickly..ur baby has pneumonia and i\'m sorry to tell u this but u might lose him so u need a vet ASAP

hope he gets well soon,,tell us what happens
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

and u didn\'t mention anything about the new turtles..r they ok?
candle523
Level 1
Level 1

THE TWO NEW TURTLES ARE GREAT SWIMMING AROUND PLAYING WITH EACH OTHER ACTING LIKE THIS ONE ALWAYS HAS. I JUST WASN\'T SURE IF THE NEW ONES HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT GETTING SICK BECAUSE HE STARTED TO NOT BE AS ACTIVE WHEN I PUT THEM IN THE TANK. :-%
JUST THE TIMEING I GUESS.
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. I AM CHECKING THE PHONE BOOK NOW TO TRY AND FIND A VET. I TURNED THE WATER TEMP UP A BIT AND SET HIM IN THE WATER BUT HIS HEAD BECAUSE I THINK THE WATER WILL KEEP IT WARMER. IS THIS NOT A GOOD IDEA. I\'M JUST TRYING TO KEEP IT AS WARM AS I CAN BUT NOT TOO WARM.
candle523
Level 1
Level 1

I HAVE PLAYED THE GAME OF TRYING TO GET A VET ON A SUNDAY BEFORE WHEN MY HAMPSTER WAS REAL SICK. I HAD NO LUCK AND HAD TO WAIT TILL THE NEXT DAY. I HOPE THIS WORKS OUT!!! BEEN CRYING ALL MORNING. MY HUSBAND THINKS I\'M BEING A LITTLE SILLY CRYING SO MUCH OVER A TURTLE BUT I LOVE ALL MY ANIMALS THE SAME (MAYBE EVEN MORE THAN MY HUSBAND :-) just kidding :-0
reptileman
Level 4
Level 4

settle down, you\'re doing fine. you will never get anything done right if you\'re in a hurry or stressed out. keep calm and you will be fine.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i know how it feels..i\'m not scaring u but i already lost my turtle that\'s why i know how hard it is..check this site for vets in ur area..i hope he gets well
http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/vetlisting.htm
candle523
Level 1
Level 1

HE HAD PASSED WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING! :-(
I KEPT HIM AS WARM AS I COULD AND I EVEN SAID A PRAYER FOR HIM. :-(
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

I am sorry for your loss, just think that he will suffer no longer and know that you did the best you could to make him feel somewhat comfortable before he departed. But remember that you have two other turtles that will need your attention, so grieve for your turtle but don\'t forget the remaining ones.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i\'m so sorry..i hate it when i hear such news
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

ohh thats sad :( when my rat died i did all that stuff prayed cried and everything
cstanton819
Level 3
Level 3

Im sorry. Now you can focus all your love and affection for him on your new babies!! Things will seem better soon.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

maybe that\'s bcz of ur prayers he died quickly..i mean leo,my best friend and turtle ever, suffered for about a week..one morning i prayed to god to relief him..next morning he passed away..i knew then that he was suffering a lot and he is better now playing and swimming in heaven\'s lakes
candle523
Level 1
Level 1

YEAH, IN TURTLE HEAVEN WHERE ALL THE TURTLES JOIN AND PLAY TOGETHER!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE!
  • Information