feeders

Discussions about turtles.
machen423
Level 2
Level 2

I was wondering if anyone has seen an automatic aquatic turtle feeder i have two res and i am going home for christmas which is three weeks long.....i have someone that can stop by occassionally and check up on them but i wanted to get a turtle feeder that way she wouldn\'t have to come over every day......my boyfriend has seen one but i can\'t find one in arizona so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

this is interesting..never heard of it but there are many recommendations for what to do when u leave ur turtles for a while
machen423
Level 2
Level 2

are there any recommendations for an extended vacation like i am taking that somewhere could tell me or show me where to go?
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

why dont you buy a little tiny tank and then buy a few guppies put the guppies in the little tank and get them a fish feeder block and when your friend comes to look at the turtle they can just put some more guppies in for them to eat *that really depends on how much your turtles eat though min would eat a gupie every 2-3 days i would say also they eat goldfish
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i know i read it somewhere..there are also disadvantages for reading a lot:(
wait let me check it
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

here\'s what i got from this site..btw i recommend everyone to check the FAQ\'s on this site they are very helpful+ so cool,,nice idea

\"Q: I\'m going on vacation soon. What should I do with my pet turtles?

A: It depends on how long you go on vacation. If you leave for just a weekend, we are just fine at home. My parents usually put a lot of dry food in our tank before they leave. Not too much because we may eat it all at once. We don\'t want to get a tummy ache. When they leave for about a week, they buy us a dozen feeder fish or guppies. We munch on them when we are hungry. Also we like to chase them around for entertainment.\"
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

thanx stray..this is so helpful:)
  • Information