I need help. Please can you help me with my turtle

Post any questions you have about a turtle outdoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your outdoor setup picture we would love to see it.
GGLuis
Level 2
Level 2

I was wondering if you could help me with my turtle. I bought two red ear turtles about 5 months ago. They first came with a small aquarium they could berly fit in there (I think they are baby turtles, because they are really small) Then I had some type of plastic shoe box and that\'s where I have them now. They were eating really well, but about a month ago they stopped eating and one of them won\'t open it\'s eyes :( I\'m really scared. I read on your website that they stop eating and then they die :(. Please help me what can I do. Do I need to buy them a bigger aquarium and different type of rocks, because I only have big ones. Do I need a heater or different type of food? I hope to hear from you soon thanks for your time.
Louis
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

for the one not opening his eyes check this link http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/medeyes.htm
sindykara
Level 1
Level 1

GGLuis wrote:
I was wondering if you could help me with my turtle. I bought two red ear turtles about 5 months ago. They first came with a small aquarium they could berly fit in there (I think they are baby turtles, because they are really small) Then I had some type of plastic shoe box and that\'s where I have them now. They were eating really well, but about a month ago they stopped eating and one of them won\'t open it\'s eyes :( I\'m really scared. I read on your website that they stop eating and then they die :(. Please help me what can I do. Do I need to buy them a bigger aquarium and different type of rocks, because I only have big ones. Do I need a heater or different type of food? I hope to hear from you soon thanks for your time.
Louis
you need to buy a bigger aquarium I have a red ear slider turtle too it will grow and we will have buy a bigger one.you should take the one that does not open his eyes to the pet doctor.
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

This is o0hamburger0o\'s setup
Last edited by STRAYKINGFISHER on Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

i want a similar one:(
  • Information