help with breeding or not breeding?????

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
MrBratt

ok guys, this is the situation, I have three adult Red Ear Sliders in about a 200 gallon tank, give or take a few, I know I have one male ( freddy ) and I thought 2 females, ( big girl ) and (little bit)here is a little info for you guys, Big Girl is about 7\" long, Little bit is about 6 1/2\" and freddy is about 5\", atleast the length of their shells anyways, This is my concern, Freddy is already doing the mating dance towards both females, wich I suppose is no big deal, however little bit is doing the mating dance to big girl as well, what are the cnaces that they are going to fight when Big girl gets annoyed or upset or whatever you want to call it towards little bit, should I be worried about anything, what is any one\'s suggestions, your help and or advice is greatly appreciated, and the other thing, from everything that I have read, it is to early for them to be doing this, they have not hibernated or the tank has not been cooled down, the tank is roughly 75 degrees, give or take, and all of them have very healthy appetites and they have been together in the same tank for about 2 years, give or take
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

did u catch them mating? they can do the turtle dance and not necessarly be mating..at those sizes they can mate and u should be able to tell their genders by now..the thing is do u want to have some babies?
STRAYKINGFISHER
Level 5
Level 5

Well, just like in nature, there will be competition for the female, so some nips can be expected. Just keep an eye on them, if it gets too hostile in there I would separate them.
o0hamburger0o
Level 3
Level 3

i dont know much about this but the boy will find out who he wants to mate with or he may want to mate with both of them but if the females dont want him to be mating with both of them or hes only mating with one and the other one wants him then you should take them away from each other a few nips is expected but anything more and i would take one female out for a whild and try it a little bit later on if you dont want babies take the male out
  • Information