help with RES possible shell problem...

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
SecretAgent

well, i think i have a major problem with my RES, turbo. he\'s been eating less lately, and been overall less active than usual. he\'s also seemed to develop a strange shell condition. i\'ve tried researching it a bit, but I just don\'t know enough about them to properly diagnose it. please help my baby!

here\'s the problem i\'m having:

i can\'t tell if it\'s just shedding, or if there really is a problem. i\'ve already quarantined him and gave him his own basking lamp so he can dry out. water temp is 76-80 degrees F. and i feed him dried plankton as per the fish store owners recommendation. is there anything i can do to help my turbo, or is there even anything wrong. thank you for any help!!
yaya
Level 4
Level 4

go check this link;www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/medshell ... itePatches on Shell:
my own opinion it\'s look like mineral build-up with a little bit on algea on it but i could be wrong...check about the scud/shell rot it\'s on that page..hope it help..
Pzycho Turtle
Level 1
Level 1

If you want to make sure, try taking him to a vet.
dixieee
Level 5
Level 5

oh what a sweet boy..looks like shell rot to me but am not sure..that\'s probably too much for shedding scutes isn\'t it? have a look at the link yaya gave u..hope it helps
Last edited by dixieee on Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

I agree with yaya about the mineral build-up. Check out that link.
  • Information